Space Shooter Game

Life should not be all about work so this section is about xTalk coding for FUN! Games or gaming related code, fun, humorous or otherwise entertaining stacks go here!
SethMorrow

Space Shooter Game

Post by SethMorrow »

Here is a game that is comprised of and commited to the public domain.

https://sefrojones.itch.io/sefro-jones-space-shooter

Only windows executables are available at that site, so I have attached the stack here.
The high score does not work, as it relied on a MySQL database that is no longer live. The script for that is in the "done" button in the group "EnterName". It's not a secure method though, as it requires the databse credentials to be hard - coded, and would be better using some kind of "middleware" to connect.
LZy0fW.png
LZy0fW.png (120.01 KiB) Viewed 8529 times
It's not particularly fun, but it looks pretty good.
Attachments
ShooterBlankDB.zip
(2.44 MiB) Downloaded 327 times
OpenXTalkPaul

Re: Space Shooter Game

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

Thanks for posting!

Could adjust it to save high scores to a file or use something else.
Does anyone really care about other people's arcade game high scores?
In the arcades back when I was a kid in the 80s, I only cared because they were usually from other kids from around town that I actually knew, You only get 3 letters, so me and my buddies would try to combine high scores letters to spell bad out things! :lol:
xAction

Post by xAction »

Neato. Your UFO in the title doesn't have transparency so there's a white box around it.
Was that Gif or something?

I tried to make a sprite for it but the source image was giving me just enough trouble to try to make adjustments and then my scripts were going wonky trying to fix a tiny little jump in the frames.

Maybe another time. Attached is what I tried, click the UFO to make it go, script is in the group.
SpriteSheetAnimationUFO2.zip
sprite sheet ufo
(69.44 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
FaberLc

Post by FaberLc »

congratulations Good jobs!
OpenXTalkPaul

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

I'm pretty sure this stack is from the LiveCode Game Jam a few years ago. It's not my work, I'm assuming it's not Seth's work either, he said it's public domain.

I'd love to get back to coding my own work again, but I think this OXT is very important and it's consuming most of my free time.

I have one particular Builder Extensions that I think is pretty darn cool, but it needs some more work.
xAction

Post by xAction »