Repro - Duction

All flavors welcome.
Forum rules
Be kind.
richmond62

Repro - Duction

Post by richmond62 »

Someone, somewhere, is possibly hiding his light under a bushel . . .

Certainly, it took me a web search with the search terms "supercard xtalk" (go figure) to find this:

https://github.com/OpenXTalk-org

Admittedly:

1. No instructions on how to build.

2. No built versions for us 'peasants' who . . .
https://richmondmathewson.owlstown.net/
tperry2x

Re: Repro - Duction

Post by tperry2x »

Under the 'releases' section on that github page, it would be good to have a Windows, Linux and MacOS pre-compiled, standalone binary download. Even if it's a beta release.
richmond62

Post by richmond62 »

Big, Enormous plus +
https://richmondmathewson.owlstown.net/
tperry2x

Post by tperry2x »

To that end, if we can link to it under the OpenXTalk downloads section:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=383
OpenXTalkPaul

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

The problem with doing releases there on GitHub is the enormous size of our IDE. There is a GitHub repo file size limit (100mb IIRC) which I encountered while trying to upload all of the IDE bits into that OpenXtalk-IDE-DontPanicEdition repo. The Chromium Embedded (CEF) used for (the older) web browser external and (newer) browser widget on Linux/Windows (but uses the operating system's webview on android/iOS and macOS) includes a library that is like 140MB (I think it was CEFs OpenGL lib file), so you will notice that those files are labeled -zip-compressed in that Repo and obviously need to be unzipped in order for the IDE to use them. The gotcha is the release packages will be much larger than 100MB, the official LCC packages swelled to hundreds of MBs, and the last linux .AppImage I made was about 900MB (because that also includes linux system library dependencies bits). There is some GitHub official and convoluted method for working around that but I didn't want to, nor had the time to deal with that (and apparently neither did LC Ltd.). So that's why I put that OXT IDE preview linux .AppImage file on a MEGA cloud storage account (which give you 10s of gigs of cloud storage for free). I will likely use Google Drive for the upcoming release, which we can link to from various places. I suppose I could also put segmented zip archives in GitHub releases, but I'd prefer a simple one-click download. If anyone has any better suggestion, or would like to make mirror downloads somewhere, then please let me know.