Badges ?

All flavors welcome.
Forum rules
Be kind.
richmond62

Badges ?

Post by richmond62 »

Now, in hindsight, labelling postings 'over there' like this seems almost insulting:
-
forum-badge-tiny.png
forum-badge-tiny.png (9.2 KiB) Viewed 687 times
-
HOWEVER, finding my self bizarrely rich (meaning I have about $50 in my PayPal account), I would
feel quite happy about lobbing that towards OpenXTalk towards accelerating the availability of an IDE for Linx, Mac and Windows,
and I would just suppose there might be other folk around and about willing to contribute.

So, how about setting up a Kickstarter/Indiegogo thing as quickly as possible?
https://richmondmathewson.owlstown.net/
tergolap

Re: Badges ?

Post by tergolap »

I don't know about Indiegogo, but for Kickstarter you might have a complete project plan etc. This also might apply some pressure on the project lead.

But what about a Patreon where one can support on a monthly basis? Plenty of creative people use this to cover the costs for Equipment and Hosting.
Cheers,

T.

I'm not a native speaker, but I try my best.
OpenXTalkPaul

Re: Badges ?

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

richmond62 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:10 pm Now, in hindsight, labelling postings 'over there' like this seems almost insulting:
-
forum-badge-tiny.png
-
HOWEVER, finding my self bizarrely rich (meaning I have about $50 in my PayPal account), I would
feel quite happy about lobbing that towards OpenXTalk towards accelerating the availability of an IDE for Linx, Mac and Windows,
and I would just suppose there might be other folk around and about willing to contribute.

So, how about setting up a Kickstarter/Indiegogo thing as quickly as possible?
Among other RL things that use up my time, I also have a full-time 40hr/week 'day'-job that has very-little to do with programming (maybe some occasional scripting, AppleScripts/Automator) so I honestly don't have time for all of that. Nor do I think it would be appropriate to ask for donations at this point, for one thing I don't know what the future holds so I wouldn't want anyone to be expecting me to work on this work more than I am, at this time anyway. I do intend to keep poking at it. Maybe if more people got involved, particular some people that knows about streamlining large C++ projects or could help setup automated building (https://towardsdatascience.com/create-y ... efe21c9240) and things like that, like a whole team of people working to keep the xTalk language free and build it up and improve it, and we had a need for to raise money for something in particular (like pro-dev C++ consultant help with that, or to build a brand new xTalk interpreter / transpiler / compiler), then I would feel much better about any sort crowd funding.

Seth Morrow has been donating the hosting / domain registration so that's been great (thanks!).

That said, I could always use some coffee (or beer) https://www.buymeacoffee.com/PaulMcClernan
Also GitHub has a sponsorship thing that I had set up a long time ago that can do monthly donations.