Open Letter to Paul

All flavors welcome.
Forum rules
Be kind.
richmond62

Open Letter to Paul

Post by richmond62 »

Dear Paul,

Can you please let me know if and when you intend to build and make available Mac, Win and Linux executables for OXT?

I feel this is important, and if you cannot do that within a reasonable time-frame (say 6 weeks) I, for one, will stop bothering
to keep checking here and work on some other solution as to how to make my LiveCode programs vaguely future-proof.

Obviously, should there be no simply installable executables forthcoming I will not upload links and information re my whole
library of simple, illustrative stacks for the obvious reason that anyone reading them will have no obvious way to run them
beyond downloading a LiveCode Community install from the Internet Archive, which rather begs the question.

I am framing this as an open letter as, so far, I have seen no response on this topic in spite of the many, many postings that have
directly addressed this topic posted on these forums by several members.

At the very least, a set of instructions as to how one might compile executables from your repositories would be
a start, as, at the moment, more than a year after the cessation of LiveCode's support for their Open Source offering,
there is NO alternative of any sort beyond completely rewriting one's applications in a completely different programming
language.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson. BA, MA, MSc.
https://richmondmathewson.owlstown.net/