P*ssing Around

All flavors welcome.
Forum rules
Be kind.
richmond62

P*ssing Around

Post by richmond62 »

Yup: Pissing around because there are still NO reliable OXT builds for Windows (none), Linux (bloody shaky), Macintosh (slightly shaky with crappy icons) . . . I must be stupid, but the obsession of the 'lead developer' (i.e. the only one) of OXT for introducing new features (feature creep) means that I will have to advertise a 'LiveCode programming course' this summer instead of what I should be advertising:
-
SShot 2023-05-06 at 23.56.42.png
SShot 2023-05-06 at 23.56.42.png (402.13 KiB) Viewed 657 times
https://richmondmathewson.owlstown.net/
FourthWorld

Re: P*ssing Around

Post by FourthWorld »

It's open source. How much of this wish list can you help with?
tperry2x

Post by tperry2x »

Wish I could understand github... then I might have a chance of actually using it. I used to put some scrappy C code together, and had a go at writing an XCMD once (to set the menubar colour in Hypercard).

I'm not up to the task of re-writing an entire IDE. When I'm not even sure how to submit any changes I might make for review, (as github is as clear as mud to me), then I might just throw a folder of assets onto FTP somewhere marked 'these are my suggested changes'.

I can gladly come up with concept art, suggestions, and mockups - but I dare say pretty much anyone can do that. The real skill is going to be sifting through all those tangled lines of code and unpicking the mess we've been left with. (vulnerabilites in the engine) as previously mentioned by multiple people in multiple posts.
richmond62

Post by richmond62 »

How much of this wish list can you help with?
Well: I can fiddle around with the compiled LC app to my heart's content.

What I cannot do, and don't know how to do, is do the same sort of thing with the uncompiled source code.
https://richmondmathewson.owlstown.net/