TutorialsPoint xTalk Online Discussions

A place to discuss and plan OpenSource xTalk (not exclusively LCC based)
and Community Builds of LCC ...Ask NOT what xTalk can do for you...
Get involved you DO have something to contribute, no matter your skillset!

Forum rules
A place to discuss and plan OpenSource xTalk (not exclusively LCC based) and Community Builds of LCC
Ask NOT what xTalk can do for you... get involved you DO have something to contribute, no matter your skillset!
xAction

TutorialsPoint xTalk Online Discussions

Post by xAction »

Private Message isn't working so I'll just put this 'out there'

Sent an e-mail to TutorialsPoint about getting xTalk in a browser to appear their 50 other languages.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm curious how you get all these scripting/programming langauges to compile online.
It's fascinating, I remember when you just had C, C++ and maybe Lua...all those years ago.
I'd like to get the xTalk langauge to work online.
What does it take?
We're picking up the open source Livecode Community Edition and rebranding it as OpenXTalk

The github is here
https://github.com/OpenXTalk-org/OpenXTalk-Community-DPE
The /engine/src directory appears to be where the language is defined in lots of .h files.

The most recent free community edition of Livecode IDE is availble on archive.org
https://archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22LiveCode%2C+Inc.%22

If you open the IDE, click on the "Message Box" button in the main menu bar
then type "Put the functionNames" into the message box input and hit return
all of the built in handlers will be will be listed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mohtashim <email@obscure.com>
Nov 14, 2021, 1:30 AM (2 days ago)
to me, Tutorials

Thanks for your suggestion, but not sure what is the volume of its users, I mean will it be worth of putting effort in setting up this language?

Kind Regards
Mohammad Mohtashim
www.tutorialspoint.com

That is a very good question. It has to be more people than Chipmunk Basic (what a shocker to see online after 30 years)

Over the last 15 years they've had over 195000 registered users on their forum with 2285 active at one time at some point.The open source kickstarter in 2014 attracted 3,342 backers.

Since they dropped the open source at the start of September and we picked it up the Windows version has seen 522 views, 255 views for Mac and 222 views for the various Linux installs on archive.org which is a pretty obscure link.

I'll discuss with Paul to confirm, but I'm sure we'll have a "Try it live" link to TutorialsPoint on the homepage and github and of course when doing my outreach.

What's it take to make a language available?
I'm guessing this is a Javascript thing you do?

We could develop learning materials for TutorialsPoint to support OpenXTalk, are there guidelines for that?
Thanks for getting back in touch.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------