Hackers On Planet Earth

A place to discuss and plan OpenSource xTalk (not exclusively LCC based)
and Community Builds of LCC ...Ask NOT what xTalk can do for you...
Get involved you DO have something to contribute, no matter your skillset!

Forum rules
A place to discuss and plan OpenSource xTalk (not exclusively LCC based) and Community Builds of LCC
Ask NOT what xTalk can do for you... get involved you DO have something to contribute, no matter your skillset!
SethMorrow

Hackers On Planet Earth

Post by SethMorrow »

HOPE is a conference that happens in NYC every other year. Next year's conference will be a couple months after the LC conference, and is guaranteed to be a good time (as well as being cheaper and more diverse.)

Here's all the current info.
Welcome to Hackers On Planet Earth!
HOPE 2022: A New HOPE

July 22-24 2022

Queens, New York City

Hackers On Planet Earth (HOPE) will be an in-person event in 2022. Mark your calendar for what promises to be an amazing experience.

This is the conference we've all been waiting for. In 2020, HOPE was converted to a virtual event because of the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2022, HOPE will return as a three-day in-person event. Hackers, makers, tinkerers, artists, educators, and other creative thinkers are invited.

The theme, "A New HOPE," recognizes the amazing challenges and changes the world has gone through. HOPE will highlight the losses, strife, and upheaval of our times. It will also celebrate the triumphs of science, technology, and creativity.

The three days of HOPE will feature speakers, keynote presentations, workshops, villages, performances, and more. HOPE's new venue is St. John's University in Queens, which offers more space and greater opportunities than ever before.

HOPE runs on volunteer power. All teams need new volunteers: Network, audio/visual, emcees, security, info desk, program committee, music, artwork, workshops, and others. Watch the website for invitations to get involved. Email hope@hope.net if you have ideas or suggestions.

The call for participation will open soon. Submissions are invited for speakers, workshops, performances, and more. All topics related to hacking are welcome.

HOPE 2022: A New HOPE

July 22-24 2022

www.hope.net
There is not much more info at this time, but having been to this conference before, I can say that it has something for everynerd. I will be there, and was thinking it may be a good place to evangelize xTalk - a presentation about the history of xTalk would be something that fit right in at this event.

Unfortunately I am currently swamped with non xTalk related work, so I don't have much time to contribute here at the moment, but hopefully things will slow down fairly soon and I can focus more attention on this project. In the meantime, if anybody is interested in attending HOPE and/or contributing to a potential presentation to pitch, this thread should be a good place to start.
OpenXTalkPaul

Re: Hackers On Planet Earth

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

Now that seems like the type of conference I'd be into, could maybe crash some family too!
I know I wouldn't want to do much, if any, public speaking in a lecture type situation, but I'd be interested in collaborative live-coding some musical improv or something like that, maybe put together a software "drum machine" rhythm app as part of xTalk demo.