All sorts of amusements and nonsense unrelated to xTalk
FourthWorld

Re: Death By A Thousand Cuts

Post by FourthWorld »

Thank you. I've done the same.
OpenXTalkPaul

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

I don't know what that was about but thank you guys for self censoring.
I'd like to remain as pro-free speech here as possible, preferably without feelings hurt or anyone getting angry or offended.
I'd like the discussions here to ultimately be useful or productive, even if it's criticisms which obviously can conflict with some strong opinions.
OpenXTalkPaul

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

FourthWorld wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:47 pm Yes, it renders well for me in Firefox too.

Maintaining an SSL cert is indeed important for any site that accepts input, even more so for one that encourages downloading executable code.

But non-loading CSS is not necessarily evidence a site has been hacked.

Moreover, no one here can help restore that domain's cert. To write here instead of to that domain's support cannot fix the issue.
Exactly, that last part particularly.

This is exactly why I've mentioned about having some sort of package managing system of our own, where repository(s) can be plural, new and/or private repos could be added by the IDE user (with the appropriate at your own risk disclaimer), decentralized and not tied to and reliant on a certain company.

Perhaps there could be several main categories, Externals, Extensions-Builder, Extensions-Script, IDE Plugins, IDE Dropin Replacement Stacks (to go with OXT mods such as custom "Start Center", and I may add Custom "Resource Center" as well), Code Snippets, Stacks (with sub categories like Demos, Games, Utilities, etc.), etc. And one unified stack to browsing and downloading from these repos like a package manager would. My thinking is it should be modeled on the way KODI Media Center does that.
FourthWorld

Post by FourthWorld »

FourthWorld wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:47 pm Yes, it renders well for me in Firefox too.

Maintaining an SSL cert is indeed important for any site that accepts input, even more so for one that encourages downloading executable code.

But non-loading CSS is not necessarily evidence a site has been hacked.

Moreover, no one here can help restore that domain's cert. To write here instead of to that domain's support cannot fix the issue.
I reported the cert issue to the site owner, and it was resolved within a couple hours.

If a recipe for the rendering issue exists I would be happy to see what I can do for that as well.