Thoughtless

All sorts of amusements and nonsense unrelated to xTalk
richmond62

Thoughtless

Post by richmond62 »

I am extremely interested to know who will NOT be at work on Tuesday, 25 April . . .
-
SShot 2023-04-22 at 15.06.46.png
SShot 2023-04-22 at 15.06.46.png (45.92 KiB) Viewed 6022 times
-
At 6 pm Eastern Europe time [i.e. 4 pm UK time] (Oh, and by the way, WTF in "UK" time")
I will be "up to here" with a bunch of teenagers wading through the many different types on Conditional sentences.

While 1 or 2 of the teenagers might look like zombies from time to time (I know I looked like one most of the
time I was a teenager), they DO not look like robots, so what happens in my classroom may be contraversial,
but no-one can ever accuse me of using A. I. LOL

Surely, if our friends in Edinburgh were interested in maximising their audience they would have staged this event at the weekend.

But, of course, there is a sneaking suspicion that they are terrible snobs who have no real interest in capturing
anyone but the already initiated true believers.

Personally I feel that this session would be fascinating: admittedly from my point of view in catching a certain person indulging
in their usual dissimulation . . .
https://richmondmathewson.owlstown.net/
richmond62

Re: Thoughtless

Post by richmond62 »

"*Remember this is still in its infancy, there is plenty of potential for issues in a live demo... please be kind to James!"

I have a feeling that too many people, for far too long, and for far too many donations
have been far too kind.

Oh, and by the way, I am starting a fundraiser for $500,000 for an idea I had to make a "talk-to-me" interface
that will write your software for you based on a dream I had last week after half a pound of blue cheese and
3 bottles of red wine.

. . . wait a minute: why does A.I. led interface and programming design make me think of my master's degree
thesis using RunTime Revolution from 20 years ago . . .?
https://richmondmathewson.owlstown.net/
tperry2x

Re: Thoughtless

Post by tperry2x »

If A.I. was all that it was cracked up to be, I'd be able to do the following:

> AI: begin your query
> user: I'd like to build an app that's capable of building other apps for a variety of platforms.
> AI: Ah, you want to create an IDE?
> user: Yes
> AI: What language do you want the IDE to support?
> user: xTalk primarily, but also be aware of additional languages - possibly through plugins
> AI: What language should the IDE compile to?
> user: assembly ideally for speed and efficiency. Second choice would be C.
> AI: Okay, understood.
> AI: Anything else you'd like to add?
> user: Yes - I'd like the programs I compile, referred to as standalone apps, to be fully self contained and not require any dependencies.
> AI: Okay, got it. What systems would you like to be able to build for?
> user: Mac OS (10.6 intel all the way through to 11). Then also support Mac OS 11 for ARM processors and upwards.
> AI: understood. MacOSX and MacOS Intel & ARM build targets added. More?
> user: Yes, Linux x86 and Linux x64 direct to an appimage or executable binary
> AI: understood. Linux x86/x64 targets added. More?
> user: Yes, Windows 7 and upwards. 32bit, and 64 bit.
> AI: Ugh, if you must.... okay, Windows targets added. More?
> user: no, that'll do for the moment.
> AI: What will the IDE look like?
> user: a mix of toolbar buttons like in Photoshop, but instead of painting tools, you'd have buttons that represent adding UI elements. These buttons would cover every user control the target systems are capable of displaying.
> AI: Okay..... hang on................ right, understood. I had to go query my photoshop training data. Photoshop has floating windows. Do you want these to be part of the UI?
> user: Yes, or have the option to have them docked at the sides of the screen. But be contextual depending on what is clicked.
> AI: Understood. Ready to build. I see you are on Linux. Do you want me to build you a test IDE which you can debug at the same time?
> user: Yes
> AI: Please wait while I compile that... I'll generate a download link for you when it's ready....... Would you like the source code too?
> user: Please. That would be wonderful.

Now that would be my idea of AI. But then we are moving more towards AGI, and the point of actually clicking in a program is moot - you'd just verbally ask the computer to create what you wanted and it'd do it.

One day perhaps.

Perhaps it'd come back with something like this:
Attachments
ide-mockup
ide-mockup
ide-mockup.png (156.12 KiB) Viewed 6002 times