Fixed some issues with the Inspector window

Any Bug Fixes to OpenXTalk should get listed here so we can keep a list and offer thanks to contributors!
tperry2x

Fixed some issues with the Inspector window

Post by tperry2x »

Tweaks to the inspector window:
-- renamed 'Name of Livecode property' to 'Name of OXT property' under cog/gearwheel icon > Property Labels
-- renamed dialog title when adding stack files via inspector, from 'Please select a Livecode stack' to 'Please select an OpenXTalk stack'
-- made some inroads in supporting oxtstack files as default. (if you don't specify an extension, the oxtstack file extension is now used).
** I need to work out how to make oxtstack the default save choice. (it may be harder to do on MacOS) **
-- bug fix: I noticed that if you rename a stack, with the same name of one that's already open, this would previously cause an indeterminate loop and a hang. I have fixed this bug. You now get an alert if you try to use a stack name that is already open.
04_stack_in_use.png
04_stack_in_use.png (4.95 KiB) Viewed 2478 times
file: revinspectortemplate.livecodescript
revinspectortemplate.livecodescript.zip
(2.7 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
[linux:] /opt/livecode/livecodecommunity-9.6.1.x86_64/Toolset/palettes/inspector
[Mac:] right-click the app > "show package contents" /Contents/Tools/Toolset/palettes/inspector/

file: revidelibrary.8.livecodescript
revidelibrary.8.livecodescript.zip
(80.48 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
[linux:] /opt/livecode/livecodecommunity-9.6.1.x86_64/Toolset/libraries
[Mac:] right-click the app > "show package contents" /Contents/Tools/Toolset/libraries/
01_before.png
01_before.png (42.34 KiB) Viewed 2478 times
02_after.png
02_after.png (42.52 KiB) Viewed 2478 times
03_addstack.png
03_addstack.png (61.14 KiB) Viewed 2478 times
OpenXTalkPaul

Re: Fixed some issues with the Inspector window

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

tperry2x wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:56 pm Tweaks to the inspector window:
-- renamed 'Name of Livecode property' to 'Name of OXT property' under cog/gearwheel icon > Property Labels
-- renamed dialog title when adding stack files via inspector, from 'Please select a Livecode stack' to 'Please select an OpenXTalk stack'
-- made some inroads in supporting oxtstack files as default. (if you don't specify an extension, the oxtstack file extension is now used).
** I need to work out how to make oxtstack the default save choice. (it may be harder to do on MacOS) **
-- bug fix: I noticed that if you rename a stack, with the same name of one that's already open, this would previously cause an indeterminate loop and a hang. I have fixed this bug. You now get an alert if you try to use a stack name that is already open.
I did a lot of this stuff already, like 'Name of property' in PropInspector, or at least I thought I did? At one point I had like 5 different installs that I would make changes to and then I started to get a little lazy about keeping them all in sync with each other and with the GitHub repo.

OXT DPE RC4 should have .oxtstack (or .oxtscript for script-only) as the default stack file extensions.
SaveOXT.jpg
SaveOXT.jpg (73.61 KiB) Viewed 2438 times
'same-name loop bug' warning fix = Nice!