This release can be downloaded from:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/75kfz9ho ... 5xdm5&dl=0
Alternate Mega link, if the Dropbox one is being awkward:
- hopefully fixed the weird revMenubar crash afflicting MacOS users - thanks to overclockedmind for helping with this
- Tidied up the fixed line height on the dictionary stack (all platforms) - Thanks Richmond for reporting
- Hopefully resolved desktop shortcut on Linux not being marked as 'trusted' by the installer. - Thanks Richmond for flagging this.
- No huge changes to Windows version, just to bring versioning up to match other platforms
- Hopefully weird inspector / message box focus is now resolved (noticeable on linux distros more than any other OS)
- A couple of typo-fixes to the preferences stack
- Project browser now supports dark mode
- Dictionary now supports dark mode
- Replaced the tool graphics (mac) to look more in line with modern versions of MacOS
- Appearance theme (light / dark) now also changes tool icons
- Slight adjustment to Linux installer script
- Removed graphics that reference previous Livecode (the company) kickstarter funding requests
- Update the shortcuts shown in the user guide for consistency
- Update the user guide to reflect these release notes
- Created new & simplified About stack
- Fixed bug in revIDElibrary involving loading 3rd-party widgets
- Splash screen updated (not that you get to see it for that long now!)
- Further code optimisations in revIDElibrary, home and script editor
- Removed references to other editions in resources, which no longer apply
- Adding TerryL's lessons into the 'userguides' stack... This is still in progress.
- Recompiled engine for linux! - will no longer ever show the registration screen
- 'All Guides' stack v1 done, can easily be added to or corrections made
- (Lots of typos fixed, removed sections relating to submitting to Livecode (the company), added revised screenshots where applicable, incorporated some information from old resources stack, added info on writing XCMDs, added a few 'please note' comments where there are currently known issues).
- Adjusted left-menu of allguides stack so that it follows vertical scroll of the currently selected topic.
- Lots of optimisations in home stack - removing old code
- RevMenubar - a couple of references to runRev functions removed, which went nowhere and generated errors (even though these were supressed).
- Removed handlers in revIDElibrary that repeatedly set the same value on variables needlessly
- Finally got the shortcuts for 'save as' sorted out
- Also, fixed the problematic Stack / Card inspector shortcuts
- Adjusted the shortcuts library to no longer conflict with the revMenubar shortcuts
- Added the text align > Center shortcut
- Slightly revised the right-click contextual menu (when selecting multiple objects on a card)
- Added shortcuts to toggle background on / off
- Added shortcuts in view menu for Toolbar Icons and Toolbar text
- View menu > Appearance menuitem added
- Test alternative theming method (macOS window titlebar theming to be added) - will be revised further
- IDE applies the theme once at boot. (Rather than initially appearing white, then changing a few seconds later)
- Tweaked preferences window slightly
- Adjusted vertical position of the horizontal Toolbar when "Show the toolbar as a standard window" is chosen.
- Removed a couple of App browser errors if an object selected in the app browser no longer exists
- Removed items in the script editor > help menu (previously pointed to things that no longer existed)
- Removed version number string from MacOS > get info (in the Finder), as each time this changes it breaks codesigning
- (Instead - check Help > About to see version number, or for precise build number 'Edit' > Preferences > 'Automatic Updates')
- Continued work on the 'All Guides' stack
- Sped up loading of the home stack slightly
- Splash screen now shows loading status upon startup, and closes only once the IDE is ready
- Updates stack now works a lot more reliably than it did, however I still want to make this a fully autonomous process
- You can now increase / decrease text size of a selected object with keyboard shortcuts (credit to Paul for this idea)
- You can also change left/right text alignment of selected objects with keyboard shortcuts too (credit to Paul for this suggestion)
- Updated the graphics used in the stack window types dialog - no longer has any LC icon references, and OS screenshots updated
- Optimised the home stack to load faster
- Continued work on the 'All Guides' stack
- Added shortcut for Object Inspector ctrl-shift-i (Credit to Richmond for this suggestion)
- added a resizeable indicator to the report builder's 'report' window (Richmond requested 14-12-23)
- (Report builder also now does dark-mode properly if you are on Linux with a dark theme)
- Updates stack: stopped using the unreliable libURLDownloadToFile
- Dictionary stack - resized certain elements and turned off bits we aren't using
- Added shortcuts for the Project Browser (ctrl-shift-P) and the Application browser (ctrl-shift-A)
- moved 'Application Browser' back into the "Tools" menu (actually, left it in plugins too as it's a plugin)
- Added an option to "Check for updates" via the help menu
- Corrected the hilite colour for info-tips (normally shown in iOS standalone settings) to use cToolSelector colour in prefs
- Adjusted the grab handle in the revMenubar to look more like a grab handle.
- Added a visual preview of the grab handle in preferences > appearance
- Fixed a code error in the 'App Browser', (corrects a false logic statement on fld "controls" in "App Browser", line 34)
- App Browser now works out what the link colour should be in a more robust way (tpLinkColours, App Browser > stack script)
- Fix added for the inspector loop condition that can happen in Ubuntu-based linux distros with the inspector palettes.
- Corrected a few typos in the Tools Palette (only visible in script comments), not user-facing
- updated the updates stack -- this now removes it from memory when the updates are done
- Fixed a bug where the truncated toolbar did not stay truncated if the user toggled 'toolbar icons' / 'toolbar text'
- Replaced the LC icon in the Answer and Ask dialogs. Now shows the OXT icon in the dialog if an ask / answer command is run.
- Added feature (credit to Richmond). You can now have custom alert icons in the Ask and Answer dialogs. You just need to have an image called 'appicon.png" in card 1 of your stack.
- Spotted that the 'View' menu > 'Grid' wasn't remembering it's setting between launches, so added a preference to retain this between launches
- Tweaked the about text (it contained windows "\cr\n" returns), - changed how this loads so encoding and returns are the same across all platforms.
- Added an option in Preferences > Extras to close unnecessary stacks, after the IDE starts
- Fixed geometry resizing bug in revgeometrylibrary.livecodescript
- Modified the inspector so that the chances of getting many, many inspectors is greatly lessened.
- You can now toggle the revMenubar drag handle on or off without restarting the IDE
- Linux installer script changes to make it more user friendly.
- Renamed the toolbar button "Code" to "Script" (it's called Script / Scripting everywhere else).
- The dictionary now looks slightly worse than it did, but I'll revamp this in future. It's just to create a version that's a stack rather than a web object/widget (whatever).
- Implemented the additional shortcuts in Object menu (card inspector = ctrl J, card script = ctrl shift C, Stack script = ctrl shift S) - Credit to TerryL for this suggestion
- started adding a revamped 'all guides' stack (in progress) - can be turned on under Preferences > Dictionary > "Use 'All Guides' experimental stack"
- revMenumanager - updated by TerryL, revSetEdited command was causing a blocking error
- reportBuilder - suggestion by TerryL to increase the preview window scaling. (tperry: I've added a slider so it can be adjusted 11-12-23)
- Made drawing the layout guides an option in the preferences
- Re-enabled online updates. From now on, I'd like all new versions to be delivered this way rather than a 400MB+ download each time. (this will come back online automatically in 5 days - on the 1st of December)
- fixed grid (size) not applying correctly
- Added a confirmation dialog when resetting the preferences
- If using multiple displays, and in the rare instance where it's positioned incorrectly, added a compatibility option to tweak the menubar stack placement under the preferences.
- Codesigning issues (MacOS only). Hopefully this is now solved. There are additional instructions inside the mac dmg to help with this if you run into problems.
- updated splash screen
- Removed the theming as it was inconsistent across different platforms (this needs to come from the engine to truly be accurate).
- Added the option for Tool Snippets, which can be toggled off in the preferences - so that newly created objects have sample code pre-applied (good for those new to XTalk)
- The draggable top bar containing the "Code, Inspector, Group" etc, - the draggable option can be toggled via the preferences now.
- Because the "Player" (video) tool is so broken and can cause a spontaneous crash on some versions of linux, added the option to disable this under "Compatibility" mode in the preferences.
- Added a global variable for getting the system version (as 'get the SystemVersion' did not function correctly under MacOS 11+). You can now use 'put tSystemVersion' - returns "MacOS 14" for example. You can alternatively use 'put tSystemVersionNumber' to just get the short version string. - would have liked to replace the built in systemversion but it's inside the engine.
- Fixes to a few other colour swatch applying bugs in the preferences.
- Changes to the preferences path (no longer uses runrev for preferences location), uses ~/.xtalk for example. (so sorry, you'll have to set up your preferences / tools the way you like them again).
- Modified the windows Installer so you don't get prompted / stopped by a previous existing installation.
- Added a few extra "Colorization" options for the script editor - you have a choice of more colour themes in the preferences.
release notes now being kept in this file
List of known issues as they unfold (and more do continue to unfold):
What I'm working on next, and what my future ideas are:
(have your say too)
https://www.openxtalk.org/forum/viewtop ... 4690#p4690