OpenXTalk Videos Channel

A place to discuss and plan OpenSource xTalk (not exclusively LCC based)
and Community Builds of LCC ...Ask NOT what xTalk can do for you...
Get involved you DO have something to contribute, no matter your skillset!

Forum rules
A place to discuss and plan OpenSource xTalk (not exclusively LCC based) and Community Builds of LCC
Ask NOT what xTalk can do for you... get involved you DO have something to contribute, no matter your skillset!
OpenXTalkPaul

OpenXTalk Videos Channel

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

I want to start adding videos to OpenXTalk's YouTube account, would like to do videos on a semi-regular basis like at least one video a week, a sort of like a regular video-podcast.

I'm always messing around with something xTalk or xCard/ scripting/coding related so I have a few ideas about the sort of content I'd like to cover.

I recorded some stuff this afternoon but I'm not sure if I liked it (who doesn't hate the sound of their own voice when it's played back?).

I basically went through the process of clean-installing (and reseting the install) of OXT DPE.
The AppleScript didn't work on Sonoma (probably needs to be re'compiled' on Sonoma), so that sort of kills that, it was only ever intended as a stop-gap measure and I think it could be better if it was a shell script or built into the .dmg .pkg package. it will be gone after recompiling without that 'license' check or embedded stack. I also showed a few advantages of using OXT over LC Community 9.6.3, how it doesn't crash on launch on macOS Sonoma, and went a little bit into the Palettes I've added and the general music library and OXT SVG libraries. Then my dogs started barking a lot and I had to get ready to leave for work anyway.

So I was making an intro to OXT video basically, but I think I'm going to try to redo it with a little more of a scripted 'show' feel and less puttering around.

Any ideas of what should be covered first, an index of topics to cover, or if you would like to contribute your own xTalk related (any xTalk/xCard it doesn't have to be OXT IDE related) YouTube videos then I can add them to the OXT Video Playlist. please feel free to chime in.