CLI Media Players and Tools

Organizing tasks to work on, New Features Ideas, Building LCS & LCB Libraries & Widgets, Redecorating and Modifying the IDE, Hacking / Editing Tools, Compiling the Engine from Source, etc.
OpenXTalkPaul

CLI Media Players and Tools

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

While I'm learning more about the current Linux+media landscape and try to build some sort of 'Play' library that works on most Linuxes...and before I go out into the "blizzard of '24" I figured I'd share this little tester stack, the stack script contains the beginnings of an FFMPEG/FFPlay library (the sort of library that can be auto-initialized like an Extension).
It's just wrappers for some (blocking) shell scripts at the moment, but if you have the FFMPEG CLIs installed (on macOS or Linux) it should find it and use it automatically (if not it should ask the user to locate), The 'get commandPath( pCLIName )' handler is simple but very useful for that purpose.
FFMPEG-FFPLAY.oxtstack
(9.43 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
OpenXTalkPaul

Re: CLI Media Players and Tools

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

Oh, if you use try that audio to waveform-video button on a long piece of music be prepared to wait a few minutes for the video to be generated!
Like I said this library is currently only using blocking shell scripts but I'd like to get it running as a slave-mode child process(es) with callbacks using a polling system that checks on multiple concurrent running child processes and then posts (dispatches) appropriate messages to the msg hierarchy, based on what's come back (stdin/stdout), to user card/stack/button scripts written against the library.

For playback controls MPV (Mplayer2+) and FFPlay both have integrated On Screen Displays (OSD) UIs for control of video playback, but I would like more direct card-level control and display that a real 'Player' (and of course non-blocking) control should offer.