Script Editor scriptTextSize

Organizing tasks to work on, New Features Ideas, Building LCS & LCB Libraries & Widgets, Redecorating and Modifying the IDE, Hacking / Editing Tools, Compiling the Engine from Source, etc.
OpenXTalkPaul

Script Editor scriptTextSize

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

I added "Increase" & "Decrease Script Text Size" to the Edit menu in the Script Editor Menus.

I had previously inserted a handler into one of the main revIDE libraries (can't check the filename at the moment) that (half) implemented the HyperTalk-compatibile IDE property 'the scriptTextSize' (previously non-functional 'compatibility' syntax), you can get the IDE-level property normally but setting it would not save it across launches and since our Engine does recognize 'scriptTextSize' it is currently a reserved word, so in order set it in a way that could get the setting saved into the revPreferences file, I had to make it a command, use it like:

Code: Select all

scriptTextSize 16 -- sets script editor windows main texts to 16 pt size 
put the scriptTextSize
Which using that from the message box works fine, open script editor windows do update as expected.
You can of course still set the script editor text size from the revPreferencesUI stack too.

However, since I may be on a different/new monitor size or in a different resolution. or I may want to go slightly smaller because I need to look at a large amount of the scripts, or I'm trying to figure out just how tired my eyes are, I wanted incrementing menu items to adjust from, just a convenience thing. I was going to add key combos to invoke them, but then realized that's a whole other spaghetti-wire mess of non-common-standards choices of command/control key combos (I don't think I've ever used any of those, why is 'import image...' command and '>' ??? ) and so I didn't give them key combos (for now).

Oh and I also updated Graphics-object-selected-context menu item "Copy as SVG Path", which can be used to copy the points of selected graphics object(s) as SVG Path strings. It no longer just spits the converted data out to the message box, it actually places it on the clipboard now so that it can immediately be pasted into the iconPath prop of an SVG Icon widget or similar... BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!! In addition to copying the points->path string as text, it will also copy the string to the clipboard wrapped as SVG file formatted data, so that it can be pasted into a vector drawing app... specifically Adobe Illustrator ( I don't have Inkscape installed currently ). The selected objects must include one or more graphic objects (Poly, roundrects, ovals, rects, freehand) for the menu item to show up. It basically yields a tracing of the pixel data and therefore can have the 'jaggies', that's easy enough to clean up in a regular vector drawing app. So this sort of enables using the engines graphics controls to build (basic) SVG symbols without leaving the IDE. Although a dedicated vector drawing app is still going to be much better to use, this is at least useful for a quick mock-up glyph.

I'll be pushing these changes up to the Github repo tonight or tomorrow probably.
richmond62

Re: Script Editor scriptTextSize

Post by richmond62 »

For those of us without the 'necessaries' to cope with GitHib, is there any chance of a set of builds anytime soon?

Certainly without new builds I, for one, am unable to offer any criticism (constructive or otherwise), and no one can really take advantage of all your work.
https://richmondmathewson.owlstown.net/
OpenXTalkPaul

Re: Script Editor scriptTextSize

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

richmond62 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:18 am For those of us without the 'necessaries' to cope with GitHib, is there any chance of a set of builds anytime soon?

Certainly without new builds I, for one, am unable to offer any criticism (constructive or otherwise), and no one can really take advantage of all your work.
I'm trying to get some IDE oriented things wrapped up (at least at a useful point), I'm going to bundle new packages. I know I said I would make that happen over the holidays but life gets in the way sometimes, what can ya do?
I have a few sub-projects like a New Tools palette with OXT IDE Glyphs icon set that I've been working on a bunch lately.

Some of the stuff I mentioned I believe was at least partially included in that DP4 Mac dmg, if you try 'scriptTextSize 6' in the message box with that and try selecting some graphic objects, there should be 'Copy Graphics as SVG" menu item in the Object menu.

After this stuff I need to do some backing up a few terabytes and move stuff to a new (to me) server, and then I want to set up this server to also compile things, that way I can offload that task from my laptop to a machine better suited for long running tasks.

See this works but the way I have it the paths are being closed/joined when they paste into Illustrator, so that could be better.
SVGClipboardExperiments.jpg
SVGClipboardExperiments.jpg (186.01 KiB) Viewed 429 times
This is what the menu looks like.
SVGClipboardCopy.jpg
SVGClipboardCopy.jpg (87.09 KiB) Viewed 429 times
You can select multiple Graphic controls and it will copy their points as a group of SVG path strings)