Hacking and Hashing

All flavors welcome.
Forum rules
Be kind.
richmond62

Hacking and Hashing

Post by richmond62 »

Now that our champion developer has, apparently, left the building (a very great pity), having done quite a considerable amount of heavy lifting, I would assume that we can take OXT Lite and, should we so wish, modify it and diversify it is a number of directions.

In an ideal world, I suppose, Paul would now "fold" that work into his work and release something sparkling and hopping with hybrid vigour.
https://richmondmathewson.owlstown.net/
OpenXTalkPaul

Re: Hacking and Hashing

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

richmond62 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:47 pm Now that our champion developer has, apparently, left the building (a very great pity), having done quite a considerable amount of heavy lifting, I would assume that we can take OXT Lite and, should we so wish, modify it and diversify it is a number of directions.

In an ideal world, I suppose, Paul would now "fold" that work into his work and release something sparkling and hopping with hybrid vigour.
You or anyone else could've always done that. I'm not stopping anyone from doing anything and never was.

And yes, I do intend to roll in what work I can from Tom and Terry. By "what I can" I mean any bits of it that fit in with what I'm doing. What in your opinion are the most important changes that they've made since October? I haven't been following their progress all that closely. I don't have time to beta test OXT "Lite" or tIDE or whatever. I barely have time to work on OXT Heavy (a name which I'm kind of taking a liking to, I might just do a new splash screen, lol )
richmond62

Re: Hacking and Hashing

Post by richmond62 »

I can tell you 3 things I like about it:

1. It is as easy to use as LC 963 (however odd that statement may seem).

2. It is obviously NOT LC 963.

3. On MacOS 12 and 14 it seems to boot up faster and run a bit faster than LC 963.

I can tell you 2 things I don't like:

1. The new icons introduced in version 1.0 to the Application Browser.

2. The OXT Lite splash screen.

What I neither like nor dislike, but approve of 100%:

1. The new dictionary/document/guide browser interface.

2. Putting the Application Browser back in the Tools menu.

I am also aware that an enormous amount has been done "under the bonnet", and the fact that that does not crash the IDE in any way is amazing.
https://richmondmathewson.owlstown.net/