Rebuilding The Tools Palette

Organizing tasks to work on, New Features Ideas, Building LCS & LCB Libraries & Widgets, Redecorating and Modifying the IDE, Hacking / Editing Tools, Compiling the Engine from Source, etc.
OpenXTalkPaul

Re: Rebuilding The Tools Palette

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

Changed some icons, added widgets for tool-options although they're not quite functional yet.
Tools Redo 0.9.oxtstack
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 20 times
Tools redo v.0.9
OpenXTalkPaul

Re: Rebuilding The Tools Palette

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

There's a benefit to doing things like rebuilding the 'Tools' or 'Property Inspector' stacks I think, and that is that it reveals what's being driven by IDE libraries and behavior scripts versus what is actually done by the Engine on it's on, without the IDE's help. And It gives a deeper understanding as to why something was scripted the way that it was scripted, because we're trying to use the same engine to do the same job (but better) of managing the IDE engine and using it's functionality.

So... now realize the 'WHY!?!?' behind making The Graphic Shapes (Oval, RoundRect, etc.) be drag-drop placeable 'pre-fab' objects, rather than having them act as actual 'tools' that you can draw shapes with. There are other things in the IDE that use 'the templateGraphic' and 'reset the templateGraphic' which cause the 'templateGraphic to reverts back to default state, which is 'Rectangle' style graphic with OS inherited foreground/backgroundColor colors, instead of being locked in to drawing our fancy custom 'Star' graphic for example.

I'm not quite ready to give up on that idea yet...Maybe using a temporary front-script or something could be used to 'fix' this issue while a Graphic Tool is the selected... I don't want to waste too much time on this though, since the existing revTools method works well enough (just a bit more mouse-clicking for 'user').