Mucking Around

All flavors welcome.
Forum rules
Be kind.
richmond62

Mucking Around

Post by richmond62 »

I thought I'd muck around with the MenuBar stack . . . which is, in case you didn't know, a script-only stack, that by some sort of arcane magic manifests itself as a 'stack' stack (Yup: that's a seriously crappy way of describing what happens: you do better!) when the IDE is fired up.

Many long years syne I made a stack that would muck around with the MenuBar stack on the legacy IDE (LC 8), but, obviously, the settings would NOT stick between sessions. :(

Now, while editing script-only stacks in a text editor is possible, as I am almost entirely incapable of visualising what a stack might look like in my head, I would like to take a script-only stack (in current case the MenBar stack) and muck around with it in the IDE in the 'normal' way one mucks around with stacks, and then . . . and then . . . and then . . .

. . . somehow, save it 'back' to a script-only stack.
https://richmondmathewson.owlstown.net/
tperry2x

Re: Mucking Around

Post by tperry2x »

If I was editing a livecodescript file, I'd do it from within the IDE using:

Code: Select all

edit the script of stack "revseutilities"
You could then select all, copy & paste into whatever stack you wanted to try stuff out in.

Then, when done, paste back in using the script editor in the same fashion, then save.
Or, if you don't have permissions to save the stack (windows and Linux), then:

Code: Select all

save stack "revseutilities" as "/home/tom/Desktop/revseutilities.livecodescript"
[substitute path and filenames as needed]

Then manually copy the livecodescript file back into the relevant folder, replacing the original.
Of course, having made a backup first!