.rev binary files and github?

Organizing tasks to work on, New Features Ideas, Building LCS & LCB Libraries & Widgets, Redecorating and Modifying the IDE, Hacking / Editing Tools, Compiling the Engine from Source, etc.
AndyP

.rev binary files and github?

Post by AndyP »

Hi, exciting place to be!

How are we going to deal with updates to binary files on github?

I have a small change I made to my repository version of the revpreferencesgui.rev but can see no way of apart from deleting my local version and replacing it with the updated version, to get it updated for a pull.
OpenXTalkPaul

Re: .rev binary files and github?

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

AndyP wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:02 am Hi, exciting place to be!

How are we going to deal with updates to binary files on github?

I have a small change I made to my repository version of the revpreferencesgui.rev but can see no way of apart from deleting my local version and replacing it with the updated version, to get it updated for a pull.
Welcome!
You can upload it here with a description of what you changed and then we can all take a look at it and discuss it if need be. I've already made some changes to the preference stack (revpreferencesgui.rev) but just in regards to de-branding it (removing LC specific wording).

Also I'm going to be moving the whole shebang to a different repo because the current one is in my personal GitHub account, and I'd like to keep that separated as my personal interests may not always line-up with this from this community project. Also, that will be a fresh repo that people can merge with! Currently all forks on GitHub are linked to the now archived legacy LCC code base that obviously won't be merging anything from now on.
AndyP

Post by AndyP »

Ok, thanks, it's probably better just to give the code segment.

The original is line 15 of card "Mobile Support" of stack "revPreferencesGUI.rev"

This just allows the folder picker for the jdk path to be always visible.

Code: Select all

-- orig set the visible of button "ChooseJDK" to (the platform is "linux")
--update AndyPiddock 20-09-2021, jdk path button always showm. why not!
set the visible of button "ChooseJDK" to true
--
I nether understood why this path picker was not visible in the first place.
OpenXTalkPaul

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

AndyP wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:40 pm Ok, thanks, it's probably better just to give the code segment.

The original is line 15 of card "Mobile Support" of stack "revPreferencesGUI.rev"

This just allows the folder picker for the jdk path to be always visible.

Code: Select all

-- orig set the visible of button "ChooseJDK" to (the platform is "linux")
--update AndyPiddock 20-09-2021, jdk path button always showm. why not!
set the visible of button "ChooseJDK" to true
--
I nether understood why this path picker was not visible in the first place.
Very cool! Useful on macOS as well, in situations where one does not have admin user privileges it's still possible to set the environmental variable in the message box to an alternate path (i.e. ~me/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_301.jdk which is how I have it setup on one of the machines I work on)

Edit: I just made the button visible with the project browser and tested it on macOS 11(Big Sur), when I point to my JDK install it says it's not valid, but when set my Android ADK, which works fine, it also fills out the JDK field bellow (from the environmental variable that I had set previously). So that's the issue, cross platform it seems to work differently. A switch/case there for each dev platform's method for setting the JDK should make it much nicer. I think the prefs stack should be a little but larger, at least width wise, to accommodate more text & buttons.
Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 3.43.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 3.43.08 PM.png (147.37 KiB) Viewed 2307 times
AndyP

Post by AndyP »

Ah Ok, that's the problem with only being able to test on one platform, for me Windows :geek:
OpenXTalkPaul

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

AndyP wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:42 am Ah Ok, that's the problem with only being able to test on one platform, for me Windows :geek:
Well we got each other for that! I actually have a dual boot setup on my main machine right now (macOS 10.14.6/Win 10). When I get time to clean up some storage space, I'll try for triple-boot so I can test on Linux too.

I do like the idea of being able to manually set were the different external SDKs are though, in case you want to have them in non-standard install locations (which is how I have them on one box I work on).

Right now I'm trying to get together a sort of map of home stack (main) that handles the IDE startup process.
Some interesting stuff!