NEW FEATURE: No one else cares but I added my Piano GUI Widget to extensions on the repo

Organizing tasks to work on, New Features Ideas, Building LCS & LCB Libraries & Widgets, Redecorating and Modifying the IDE, Hacking / Editing Tools, Compiling the Engine from Source, etc.
OpenXTalkPaul

NEW FEATURE: No one else cares but I added my Piano GUI Widget to extensions on the repo

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

NEW FEATURE: Maybe no one else cares, but I've added my Piano GUI Widget to the "official" extensions folder on the repo. I will soon be renaming the resource identifiers on my libraries and widgets to something like org.otx.pianowidget.paulmcclernan

I don't much care if you care about music creation stuff, it's part of my plan to get some real music and multimedia capabilities into OpenXTalk! You can always disable it or delete it later if it really bothers you.
richmond62

Re: NEW FEATURE: No one else cares but I added my Piano GUI Widget to extensions on the repo

Post by richmond62 »

I care as I wrote some vaguely sub-Mozart nonsense on my BBC Master Compact in 1989
under the stairs in the house that I lived in in Al Ain, UAE. 8-)
-
MMOTBC.JPG
MMOTBC.JPG (77.1 KiB) Viewed 1605 times
https://richmondmathewson.owlstown.net/
OpenXTalkPaul

Re: NEW FEATURE: No one else cares but I added my Piano GUI Widget to extensions on the repo

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

Nice! My earliest efforts at making music, beyond banging on my parents piano, was taking apart Atari BASIC game code from Compute! an/or ANTIC Magazine to produce a Joystick/Paddle noisemaker program of sorts. I wish I had saved that code forever, but I was maybe 10yr old then and probably recorded some music over that cassette when I became a teenager!