modified Object Library

Any Bug Fixes to OpenXTalk should get listed here so we can keep a list and offer thanks to contributors!
tperry2x

modified Object Library

Post by tperry2x »

This is a modified "Object Library".
-- I've widened it slightly, and set the "don't wrap" property to true, so the lists are more legible
-- (please see before and after screenshots to see what I mean)

For anyone wanting to download these changes, you can use the individual stack file posted here, and replace your copy.
revimagelibrary.rev.zip
(15.53 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
where?
[Mac:] right-click app icon, "show package contents" > Contents/Tools/Toolset/palettes/
[linux:] '/opt/livecode/livecodecommunity/Toolset/palettes/'

A full list of recent changes are here:
https://www.tsites.co.uk/sites/openxtalk/changes/
01_before.png
01_before.png (50.95 KiB) Viewed 2587 times
02_after.png
02_after.png (65.38 KiB) Viewed 2587 times
OpenXTalkPaul

Re: modified Object Library

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

tperry2x wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:44 am This is a modified "Object Library".
-- I've widened it slightly, and set the "don't wrap" property to true, so the lists are more legible
-- (please see before and after screenshots to see what I mean)
I did work on this stack as well, did you use that as a base? The two main things I did was add some drag and drop to place (both images tab and in the objects tab), and made it so that creating a new object library actually works. And I also made it resizable.
DragDropPlace.jpg
DragDropPlace.jpg (131.48 KiB) Viewed 2537 times
Additionally I made an revOXTObjects set with some objects I created, or from community members (some HH in there) various old example stacks or resource center stuff, some handy handlers. Would gladly add contributions to it, perhaps add custom set downloading to the 'Resource Depot' stack for in-IDE downloading.

I should probably change that Resource Depot stack to be a non-Emscripten+browser based package manager stack (something like Gaskins LiveNet stack). The 'webstack' thing was just the easiest way to get the files served via GitHub and into the IDE. It's can be a bit slow to load, but I couldn't get that working with using libURL, I did try with intermittent success. Currently this setup needs the files being served (currently just a handful of Extensions/Widgets there) to be Base64 encoded. If you have no idea what I'm going off topic about it's the thing I replaced the 'Extension Store' with in the Extension Manager stack (added in DP3 or DP4):
ResDepot.jpg
ResDepot.jpg (123.39 KiB) Viewed 2535 times
tperry2x

Re: modified Object Library

Post by tperry2x »

I didn't use your version of the object library - only because I'd not realised you'd changed it.
Having said that, I very much like the drag and drop idea.

No problem, glad to see this gets updated in the next RC version, so please just use your version of the object library and disregard mine (your edits were my edits with your additional features, so yours can be considered more relevant and up to date).

Many thanks for your work on all this by the way.