OpenXTalk Lite 0.91 Windows ...nearly

Any Bug Fixes to OpenXTalk should get listed here so we can keep a list and offer thanks to contributors!
richmond62

Re: OpenXTalk Lite 0.91 Windows ...nearly

Post by richmond62 »

a C++ programmer for MacOS14 and M processor update
Why does my evil mind think that LC's recent quite considerable turnover of staff may reflect some disenchantment?

And, would not an ex-LC staff programmer be rather well equipped to do this sort of thing?

-----

AND, while I am 'here' I should like to apologise that I did not get to grips with OXT in any way whatsoever this Sunday as I had hoped to: all sorts of 'matters' came up and slapped me round the chops, so had to be attended to.
https://richmondmathewson.owlstown.net/
FourthWorld

Post by FourthWorld »

richmond62 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:47 pm
a C++ programmer for MacOS14 and M processor update
Why does my evil mind think that LC's recent quite considerable turnover of staff may reflect some disenchantment
Where did you hear there was substantial turnover recently?
FourthWorld

Post by FourthWorld »

TerryL wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:59 pm Thanks tperry and Paul for comments. I'll update my web page. I've been looking closely at gofundme.com, may be the way to go when the time comes.
This was at the heart of my earlier notion of establishing a foundation or other 501c3. Without a separate entity for both finances/taxes and liability, both of those fall on the individual orchestrating them.
OpenXTalkPaul

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

FourthWorld wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:56 pm
TerryL wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:59 pm Thanks tperry and Paul for comments. I'll update my web page. I've been looking closely at gofundme.com, may be the way to go when the time comes.
This was at the heart of my earlier notion of establishing a foundation or other 501c3. Without a separate entity for both finances/taxes and liability, both of those fall on the individual orchestrating them.
That's a really good point, I know I don't want to have to deal with any kind of business / IRS end, and I know absolutely nothing about running non-profit (or any other sort of organization.
---------------

Unfortunately owing to my still-pressing need to completely clean out my garage and also family events (3x Birthdays), instead of updating any Macs to 14 / Sonoma this weekend, I shoveled stones and built a shed instead. Totally wiped out!

I did manage to make some changes to OXT front page (and added a couple of new pages).
tperry2x

OpenXTalk Lite 0.92 Windows ...dark mode

Post by tperry2x »

Continuing my dark-mode-aware changes, which are now pretty much there for the Mac - here's the version for Windows.
There is one weird oddity with out-of-focus titlebars, but again this is due to the engine and can only really be solved by recompiling.

You can download the complete changes (or build your own) by using the files here:
https://www.tsites.co.uk/sites/openxtalk/changes

Or, if you'd prefer just this latest change, it's attached.
2023-10-29-0700.7z
(83.15 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
Many thanks.
Screenshot A.png
Screenshot A.png (230.31 KiB) Viewed 4059 times
Screenshot B.png
Screenshot B.png (248.32 KiB) Viewed 4059 times
micmac

Post by micmac »

This worked for me on tperry2x latest:

paste
xattr -d -r com.apple.quarantine (plus a space)
into terminal
then drag openxTalk Lite from app folder onto the terminal window
hit return or enter

tperry2x... how about upping the version number :)

Mic
micmac

Post by micmac »

tperry2x

preferences > "Clear Messgebox history" still has LC graphics

Mic
micmac

Post by micmac »

wow

The dark mode worked flawlessly

Mic
tperry2x

Post by tperry2x »

micmac wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:34 pm preferences > "Clear Messgebox history" still has LC graphics
This should now be corrected. (uses the standard warning / information icon)
Screenshot at 2023-11-02 14-35-21.png
Screenshot at 2023-11-02 14-35-21.png (116.26 KiB) Viewed 3986 times
(Please ignore Orange alert text. That's just my system colour scheme)
micmac wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:37 pm The dark mode worked flawlessly
That's good to know. I take it this was on Windows you tested it on?
I'll soon be updating this to 0.93. It has my changes to dark mode built in, so people don't have to patch files to get the OpenXTalk Lite build up to a recent state.
It also contains an updated menubar and several continued efforts at "debranding" rather than "rebranding".

The mac version will follow last, only because I'm no doubt going to have to fight with it's codesigning again. So much so, a special set of instructions has to be bundled with it in the DMG. Not ideal.
foxtrot47

Post by foxtrot47 »

Hi! Would this be the place to provide feedback on this sort of UI change (rounded corners)? If not, please redirect me and I'll submit there. Thanks!

I'm on Mint 21.2 with Cinnamon and I'd much rather have a native window frame rendered instead of a (cool but problematic) work-around. With my multi-monitor setup, the handle doesn't provide any resistance when colliding with the edge of the screen. Additionally, for those who've grown accustomed to hiding the toolbar completely, now the menu bar is stuck in place.

On my setup, the result would need additional work hours to remedy, and would likely result in some frustration. I have screenshots, but I'm getting invalid form errors when trying to upload so I'll check that out after posting this.

Both of the issues are, I'm sure, not difficult to fix. If it is something you folks really, really want, I get it, do your thing. Maybe add a Checkbox under Preferences > Compatibility, to keep the Home stack's window native decoration/frame? [Edited]

Again, if I'm posting in the wrong place, I'm happy to repost elsewhere. Thanks!
richmond62

Post by richmond62 »

Native decorations are a bit of a problem on Linux distros as there are so many window managers & desktop managers around.

However, probably the safest best is to look at lookAndFeel and try this in the messageBox:

Code: Select all

set the lookAndFeel to "Motif"
https://richmondmathewson.owlstown.net/
foxtrot47

Post by foxtrot47 »

Hey, my attachments are working! Please see the screenshots.
tperry2x

Post by tperry2x »

foxtrot47 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:42 pm Hey, my attachments are working! Please see the screenshots.
Hi Foxtrot47 - thanks for finding that issue.
I have added the draggable toolbar as a configurable toggle now. Please see https://www.openxtalk.org/forum/viewtop ... 4545#p4545
I'm wondering, if you were to turn the checkbox off, so the dragable handle disappears (relaunch required), then you should be able to alt/opt key and drag it on linux to wherever you like. Does that work?
foxtrot47

Post by foxtrot47 »

tperry2x wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:49 pm Hi Foxtrot47 - thanks for finding that issue.
I have added the draggable toolbar as a configurable toggle now. Please see https://www.openxtalk.org/forum/viewtop ... 4545#p4545
I'm wondering, if you were to turn the checkbox off, so the dragable handle disappears (relaunch required), then you should be able to alt/opt key and drag it on linux to wherever you like. Does that work?
You're welcome, thanks for the updated version.

Unfortunately, no, Alt + Click does not move the bar. All other OXT windows, yes, but not the menu/toolbar. In my case, the bar is attaching to my far-left monitor by default. I can move it to the middle/main monitor via keyboard combo: Super + Shift + Left/Right

Also, it looks like toggling Icons/Labels via the menu will result in an automatic resize of the tool bar to the old dimensions.