LC community does not like self signed SSL?

Organizing tasks to work on, New Features Ideas, Building LCS & LCB Libraries & Widgets, Redecorating and Modifying the IDE, Hacking / Editing Tools, Compiling the Engine from Source, etc.
Sphere

LC community does not like self signed SSL?

Post by Sphere »

Hello,

have a little project running on a raspberry and using self signed SSL certificates, as Let's Encrypt does not work due to that it is not yet connected to the web. Just local.
LC has an issue that it does not want to communicate via php to the db, the connection to the db also via php is OK.
This is the message I get:
selfsignedSSL-errorLC.png
selfsignedSSL-errorLC.png (39.89 KiB) Viewed 1908 times
How to get around this in LC, as it does not seem to like self signed SSL?
Thanks for any help.
Sphere.

(I actually abandoned LC, but it's so fast to use it.) If there is no solution I will either use B4X or Flutter for it.)
OpenXTalkPaul

Re: LC community does not like self signed SSL?

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

Sphere wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:25 pm Hello,

have a little project running on a raspberry and using self signed SSL certificates, as Let's Encrypt does not work due to that it is not yet connected to the web. Just local.
LC has an issue that it does not want to communicate via php to the db, the connection to the db also via php is OK.
This is the message I get:
selfsignedSSL-errorLC.png
How to get around this in LC, as it does not seem to like self signed SSL?
Thanks for any help.
Sphere.

(I actually abandoned LC, but it's so fast to use it.) If there is no solution I will either use B4X or Flutter for it.)
Hello Sphere,
I'm not sure about any of that, we're still just trying to do required work of un-branding right now. I know they used dual-licensed OpenSSL which is incompatible with GPL. They made exceptions in the LCC license. I'd like to remove that from this fork at some point soon, possibly replace it with something else (there doesn't seem to be a lot of open x-platform GPL choices there?). But that's not going to matter to you on RPi much since there's been no build beyond 7.0.4 that will run on Raspberry Pi, which is something I'd definitely like to get to because the Builder middleware in 8-9.x is so extremely useful, and I kind of love my RPi.
Moreover I love the whole idea of open, cheap, low electrical power requirements, single board computers in general, the concept that anyone should be able to have a computer, as well as the concept that "Anyone Can Code!" (no matter their circumstances).
Sphere

Re: LC community does not like self signed SSL?

Post by Sphere »

HI Paul,

I understand.
The stack I was busy with will just run on Windows and pull the data from the MariaDB on the Rasp.

Thanks for your reply.

Kind regards,
Sphere