Worth musing on.

All flavors welcome.
Forum rules
Be kind.
richmond62

Worth musing on.

Post by richmond62 »

I am never sure whether to take Kevin Miller at his word or not: as far as I am concerned he has given reasons not to and to in fairly equal measures.

https://livecode.com/livecode-10-things ... nkful-for/

"Where is it? This is a question that many of you have been asking, both publicly and privately. Let me start by saying – I feel your pain."

What strikes me as odd about this statement is that the DP 6 release of LC 10 looks exactly the same as LC 9, and shows no obvious indications that anything is happening: I being led to believe that the 'P' in DP meant preview, and there is none.

"We all need that faster, smaller Web engine, the speed improvements and better syntax of the Script Compiler, the Web graphics and fonts to name just a few."

These all seem to be related to delivery inwith a web-browser [which ain't the case with LC 10 DP 6].

AND here are a number of things that worry me:

"6. Sign-in with Google – DONE"

So, Google have their sweaty paws in your cookery: and this forces you to have a Google account, which you may not want.

"26. GoogleAds integration on Android and iOS"

Indeed: LC are climbing into bed with Google. Did its financers realise that before they stumped up donations?

"LiveCode Create is built 100% on LiveCode. While it is still waiting for some essential engine features from 10, Create continues to make good progress."

Probably go the way of revWeb!

"The darkest hour is always before dawn, but the dawn is coming."

Aah; another trite, banal statement that his little or no value at all.

Personally I have always enjoyed the 'false dawn' that generally starts about 90 minutes before dawn, when one can hear the seals coughing and the peewits over the hill, and there is that soft, lambent light.

But Kevin widnae know about that being a richt toonie; where, in Edinburgh, there is no proper dawn, it being spoilt by the light pollution from street lamps.
https://richmondmathewson.owlstown.net/