Blobless Mac Window bars

All flavors welcome.
Forum rules
Be kind.
tperry2x

Re: Blobless Mac Window bars

Post by tperry2x »

richmond62 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:03 pm Well, those windows tops stayed at the Vista ones, and, as they say, "it all went dark":
Well, at the risk of incurring a "no sh.. Sherlock" - I'd state the obvious and say something has gone badly wrong with the patching somewhere along the line there.

I'll see if I can't knock up a 0.98 Mac build (one that hopefully opens without any squit).
Edit: done, please try this:
https://www.openxtalk.org/forum/viewtop ... f=16&t=590
micmac

Post by micmac »

tperry2x wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:26 pm I'll see if I can't knock up a 0.98 Mac build (one that hopefully opens without any squit).
Thank you tPerry2x for your continued commitment to the Mac version

For the distribution it would more sense to make a compressed dmg instead of the zip-archive.
Then you could drag the app directly to the folder.

Mic
tperry2x

Post by tperry2x »

micmac wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:17 am
tperry2x wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:26 pm I'll see if I can't knock up a 0.98 Mac build (one that hopefully opens without any squit).
Thank you tPerry2x for your continued commitment to the Mac version

For the distribution it would more sense to make a compressed dmg instead of the zip-archive.
Then you could drag the app directly to the folder.

Mic
Hi Mic.
I'm a bit confused. The DMG is compressed and is no longer a zip file.
Do you mean inside the dmg?
The reason it's compressed inside the dmg is the compression is slightly better in the zip file as to whatever Apple are using on their DMGs. (and I'm down to the last 50MB of space in the dropbox account where this is hosted, so every bit I can save matters).
OpenXTalkPaul

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

Somehow I missed this thread entirely (back in January)

I had versions of these image files where I just cloned out the logo, leaving the rest of the images untouched.

I liked the idea of changing them to 'Dark Mode window' pictures, I may have other versions o one of my drives.
com.livecode.pi.decorations.zip
(52.73 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
As for macOS ad Windows Styles, there are some more Window styles that can be used in Modern macOS but that aren't supported by the Engine 'natively'. One of them is 'Unified Title Bar' style, which can be applied to a stack window using a handler that's in the 'OpenXTalk macOS Native Tools library'.