Richmond changes his tack.

All flavors welcome.
Forum rules
Be kind.
richmond62

Richmond changes his tack.

Post by richmond62 »

As I have been helping one hell of a lot on the LC forums for years (since 2002), and endlessly reporting SPAM messages, with bugger all to show for it, and as OXT Lite (at least) is nearing maturity (of a sort), and knowing that the only way I am going to use any type of LC post LC 963 is if some daft person finances me as part of some major programming commission (which, as my younger son charmingly puts it, "Dad, you are past your sell-by date," ain't going to happen) I have decided to STOP being helpful, spend my time (until the List controllers catch on) being a right sarcastic so-and-so pointing out the "holes in the road."

IFF, "someone" can release "some sort of something " called OXT with a number (how about "1.0"?) I can devote my main energy to writing a series of tutorials (and that would involve Paul (?) letting me ref. those on the OXT webpage) to get people started with OXT.

This would not be 'that' arduous as I have buckets of RR/LC tutorial material backed up all over the place.

If one searches for 'OXT' apart from oxtail soup (when I was a child, when I came home from school, Mum, if she had not made spaghetti-cheese for my sister and me, would have, either, warmed up some Campbells Oxtail Soup (obviously that was the ONLY thing we would EVER have to do with Campbells considering what they did to the McDonalds and what utter, utter traitors they were in both the '15 and the '45, and ever since working for the occupational government down in London: as my father said, "When you see a Campbell, spit in their face.") or Heinz Ravioli (my father forgave my mother for the oxtail soup because she was both half English, and educated, and all in England), one gets NOTHING . . . which has got to change . . . Google-Woogly . . . Youtube . . . Ecosia . . . Bing, and so on.

If anyone dares say "Stream of consciousness" . . . 8-)
https://richmondmathewson.owlstown.net/
tperry2x

Re: Richmond changes his tack.

Post by tperry2x »

richmond62 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:46 pm If one searches for 'OXT'... one gets NOTHING
Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 14-33-48 openxtalk at DuckDuckGo.png
Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 14-33-48 openxtalk at DuckDuckGo.png (222.98 KiB) Viewed 395 times
wiki.png
wiki.png (75.46 KiB) Viewed 395 times
I edited the hypertalk wikipedia page to also add an openxtalk link.
OpenXTalkPaul

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

tperry2x wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:39 pm
richmond62 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:46 pm If one searches for 'OXT'... one gets NOTHING
Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 14-33-48 openxtalk at DuckDuckGo.png

wiki.png

I edited the hypertalk wikipedia page to also add an openxtalk link.
Hah, cool! I never really tried to for any SEO (search engine optimization), but I have noticed the results getting better over the last two years on their own as our forum has been used more (and web crawled more by bots).
richmond62

Post by richmond62 »

It might be a good thing to "sex up" the OXT web-page: both to attract search engines, and to have a few links to other OXT resources.
https://richmondmathewson.owlstown.net/