Progress report

Updates on the progress of this project
tperry2x

Re: Progress report

Post by tperry2x »

@TerryL
Just to carry on from that post above;
Please see attached stack.
At the moment, it's just a bare-bones copy.

I haven't gone through, copying & pasting from your text file yet - which I can do, (although there is a lot of information).
Did you also want to have screenshots in there? I'm wondering if it's something you'd rather add the screenshots & content to?

Preview:
light-dark-modes.png
light-dark-modes.png (305.54 KiB) Viewed 683 times
Attachments
userguides.livecode
(73.61 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
TerryL

Post by TerryL »

I have no specific instructions for use. Do what ever you deem appropriate. All I've offered are just suggestions.
overclockedmind

Post by overclockedmind »

Man, do I miss some Linux... about enough to spin up a VM for it.
MBA (Early 2015, 8GB/512G SSD, Monterey 12.7.2)
System76 serv12 (64GB RAM, 2TB SSD, 2TB HD, Win 10 Pro x64)
Power Mac 3,1 Project - Needs TLC will get it soon
OpenXTalkPaul

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

tperry2x wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:38 pm I'm a bit puzzled why you mention that the about menu should be under 'help' on the mac?
This is another instance of what I was talking about with the docs being severely outdated and so confusing when they reference Mac OS. I'm pretty sure the docs say something somewhere about the 'About' menu item should be at the bottom of the 'Help' Menu (which should still be the last menu on the right) but Apple's Human Interface Guidelines have changed over the years. The 'About' menu item is now under the Application menu in Finder, Safari, and every other app that I just now checked. Many entrees that talk about macOS are actually referring to Mac OS Classic / System 9 and lower.
OpenXTalkPaul

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

tperry2x wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:38 pm (livecode and OXT Lite) should be kept apart and distanced from eachother as much as possible. That's my view anyway, I don't know if anyone else shares that thought?
Yes, that is my view as well, provided we have something to replace a thing with. I'm 100% certain that it is the view of LC Ltd. that there is clear distinction between any open source fork and LiveCode's commercial product. However the unlocked stacks made with community edition should be considered as being subject to the GPLv3 license, and so I would think we could use a collection of that sort of content (like the stacks from liveodeshare.runrev.com), but we should have our own file host, maybe use GitHub ( free ) or similar as file server.
OpenXTalkPaul

Post by OpenXTalkPaul »

Here is where the default scripts for 'classic controls' go, the names of the files must coincide with the object type's reverse dns style identifier. The handlers in these files will then appear in the 'available handlers' list in the lower part of the left pane of Script Editor windows, an can be inserted into your scripts simply by clicking on them.
Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 10.01.04 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 10.01.04 AM.png (391.14 KiB) Viewed 443 times
Extension Builder modules in 9.x can also have _defaultScripts included with them (which was a suggestion that I made and surprisingly LC, or at least Ali, listened to me! )