Good People and Bad

All sorts of amusements and nonsense unrelated to xTalk
richmond62

Good People and Bad

Post by richmond62 »

I think it is time for a lot of us to take stock round these parts, and realise that while we all suffer from personality quirks of one sort or another, we are really all pulling in the same direction.

And to start nice things off here is a photo of FourthWorld with my good friend, the late Brahmanathaswami:
-
RG.jpg
RG.jpg (13.57 KiB) Viewed 345 times
https://richmondmathewson.owlstown.net/
richmond62

Re: Good People and Bad

Post by richmond62 »

Oh, and here's me when I was significantly younger at a LiveCode conference in Edinburgh chatting to a bloke who knew nothing about RunRev/LC but just popped in for the FREE cheese and wine: bless him:
-
richmond.jpg
richmond.jpg (272.08 KiB) Viewed 343 times
-
Some evil Bulgarian moths later had that kilt for lunch!
https://richmondmathewson.owlstown.net/
tperry2x

Re: Good People and Bad

Post by tperry2x »

Okay, here's a picture of me, about 10 years ago now - other people redacted due to not having their permission.
Yeah, I was fully 'Apple' at one point.

Does that make me a good person? I was good at what I did there. I sold a lot of apple stuff for Apple, but I also took time to help tech support people's problems. NOT give them a scripted answer, which I cannot stand. So I suppose I was good at helping people.

People were genuinely happy, and I gradually realised tech support and fixing things would be better outside of the Apple walled-garden, where there is no sales pressure.

I gradually drifted into tech support in education, a bit by accident, just because there were computers there that needed fixing. That's where I am still after almost 6 years.
IMG_3463 r.JPG
IMG_3463 r.JPG (84.54 KiB) Viewed 335 times